Gyne-Lotrimin Cream is an antifungal agent. It works by weakening the cell membrane of the fungus, resulting in the death of the fungus.
Use Gyne-Lotrimin Cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
An extra patient leaflet is available with Gyne-Lotrimin Cream. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
Gyne-Lotrimin Cream is for vaginal use only. Do not use in the eyes or take by mouth.
Insert 1 applicatorful into the vagina at bedtime for 7 days.
Some forms of this product come with 7 disposable applicators. If this product contains disposable applicators, throw away each applicator after use.
Some forms of this product come with one applicator to be used for all 7 days of treatment. If this product contains only one applicator, do not throw it away after use. Separate the pieces of the applicator and wash with warm, soapy water immediately after use. Rinse thoroughly. Make sure the applicator is completely dry before the next use.
If you are using this cream externally, squeeze a small amount onto your fingertip and gently apply to the irritated skin around the vagina.
Wash your hands immediately after using Gyne-Lotrimin Cream.
To clear up your infection completely, use Gyne-Lotrimin Cream for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
If you miss a dose of Gyne-Lotrimin Cream, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Gyne-Lotrimin Cream.
Fill the applicator with the cream and then insert one applicatorful of cream into the vagina every day, preferably at bedtime. Dispose of applicator after use.
Repeat this procedure with a new applicator for 7 consecutive days. For relief of external vulvar itching, squeeze a small amount of cream onto your finger and gently spread the cream onto the irritated area of the vulva. Use once or twice a day for up to 7 days as needed to relieve external vulvar itching.
THE CREAM SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR VULVAR ITCHING DUE TO CAUSES OTHER THAN A YEAST INFECTION.
Store Gyne-Lotrimin at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Gyne-Lotrimin vaginal out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Do NOT use Gyne-Lotrimin Cream if
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Gyne-Lotrimin Cream
- you have never had a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed by a doctor
- you have itching caused by a condition other than a yeast infection
- you have stomach, shoulder, or lower back pain; fever; chills; nausea; foul-smelling vaginal discharge; or vomiting
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Gyne-Lotrimin Cream:
Some medical conditions may interact with Gyne-Lotrimin Cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have the blood disease porphyria or a history of liver disease or diabetes, or you have been exposed to HIV
- if this is the first time you have had vaginal itching and discomfort
- if you have vaginal yeast infections often (eg, your symptoms return within 2 months) or your symptoms do not clear up with treatment
- if you are taking antibiotics